As the temperature continues to go up and down, please use this as a guide for dressing your child warmly. The elementary dress code is also listed below.
Dearborn Schools Student Dress Code
Dearborn Schools District is committed to providing all students with a safe and positive learning environment. Dress code adherence is a reflection on you, your family and the school community at each of our schools. In addition, dress code is fundamental to helping students learn a future employability/social skill, which is required for success in getting and keeping employment linked to appearance. The guidelines below promote student safety and an environment that is conducive to learning.
- Pants and shorts must fit at the waist and cover undergarments. Pants must be free of tears, rips, or holes above knee-level.
- Shirts must cover undergarments completely. Shirts must also cover the midriff.
- Skirts and shorts must be of appropriate length: covering the majority of the thigh.
- Clothing displaying offensive or inappropriate pictures or writing, which includes but is not limited to topics of sex, tobacco, alcohol and other drugs, is not permitted.
- No sunglasses, hats, or hoods to: Sunglasses, hats & hoodie not be worn inside the school
- Safe footwear must be worn at all times. A backstrap is required on shoes. Flip-flops, slip on sandals, and slippers are not permitted.