We hope everyone is excited about the new school year. To our Long families, new and returning, we can’t wait to learn with you.
In an effort to create the safest environment for our students, here are a few reminders:
- Please use the parking lot if you wish to park and get out of your car at entry or dismissal.
- Use the student drop off and pick up locations on Westwood and New York to do just that- stop your car and let your child/children out. Please do not park your car here.
- Do not use your cell phone while driving around the school. Our students are precious and we need all eyes on the road to protect them.
- Have your child use the crosswalk when crossing the street. This will keep them safe as drivers know to look for pedestrians there.
- Parents will not be allowed to walk their child in during this time. If you need to speak with a staff member, please call and make an appointment and/or come in the front door as all visitors must sign in. All visitors, students and staff must wear masks inside the building.
Thank you for helping us keep all of our Long Roadrunners safe.
Don’t forget! Our new start times are 9am (first bell at 8:55am and breakfast begins at 8:30am) and dismissal is 12:05pm on a half day and 3:55pm on full days. Monday, August 30th is a half day. Full days begin on Tuesday, August 31st for 1st-5th graders.
First Day of School Line Up
Teachers will meet their students in the morning. For the safety of our students and staff and due to mitigation protocols, parents will not be allowed in the building for entry or dismissal. If you need assistance or have a meeting with a staff member, you will need to come to the main doors and sign in.
Door #1: Mrs. Towler (Little)
Door #3: Kindergarten Porch Door – Mrs. Bartolomei and Mrs. Newsted
Door #4: Mrs. Denison, Mrs. McShane GSRP
Door #10: Mrs. Jones, Mrs. Kaye, Mrs. Wolski
Door #11: Mrs. Ankouny, Mrs. Chesney